Snow days are great until you’re faced with bored kids ! Since Friday we’ve been inside and outside as the weather changes . The first choice is outside , why ? Because it’s a snow day duh ! Of course it’s cold so we need some breaks here and there.
While inside , we’ve been looking for a few different things to keep the little one busy ( the youngest entertains himself) but keep the learning going .
Card Games – our ten year old is working on fractions and word problems . Like any other kid she tolerates math to a certain extent but cards always seem to slide by.
- Word problems – With every mate , she has to come up with a word problem and give us the answer .
- Multiples – to give some variation she can opt to tell us the multiples of the card pulled ( ex. 10 – 1,2,5,10) or the square of that number ( 10 x 10)
When she was tired of the cards( she lasted about 3 hours with these games) we went to throw back movies . Keep in mind she’s only 10 so this wasn’t hard at all lol!! I let her pick a few and added in a few of my own . We made it through the first two before we swapped ( this sparked some interesting small talk ) !
- Space Jam
- Richie Rich
- The Lion King
- Blank Check
- A Little Princess
- Dennis the Menace
- Good Burger
By the time your kid gets bored , it’ll be time to get them up and active !
The little loves the following Kinect games !
- Just dance ( all versions )
- Dance central (all versions)
- Wii ( bowling and wii sports work wel)
If you don’t have a gaming system – get creative – break out the talent show !
Throwback concerts and dance battles are hilarious and entertaining !
Once you’re done , it’s time to repeat !
* The things we picked out were for the little , but we had just as much fun catching up and performing as she did * Let me know what you did and how your kids enjoyed their snow day !